Print File Artwork Guidelines
So we can be faster and more efficient send us:
- A PDF file with the following:
- 1/8″ bleeds (if there are bleeds)
- No printer marks (like crop marks)
- Any images, rasterized layers, or effects should be no more than 450 dpi and no less than 300 dpi.
- All other artwork should be vector.
- A “native” file, meaning the file where the artwork was created. Ideally Adobe Illustrator or InDesign.
- Also include any linked artwork, fonts, etc. that are not already embedded into the file.
- Send large files via a link from a cloud-based storage system like Dropbox or upload to our FTP site.
- Ask IT for the details on using the FTP and SFTP.
- When possible please keep files under 30 MB.
These setting are easy to export from Adobe Illustrator or InDesign.
- Save As a PDF
- Use the PDF/X-1a preset.
- Make sure bleeds are added or “use document bleed” is checked.
- Save and send with the native file.